Monday, May 12, 2008

Being a Mother - Azara Feroz Sayed

Me and Feroz spend hours talking about our mothers - how they disciplined us with their kat-kat and whatever sucess in life we have today is thanks to their determination of giving us good education and upbringing!

Some thoughts on Motherhood
Somebody said it takes about six weeks to get back to normal after you've had a baby... that somebody doesn't know that once you're a mother, "normal" is history.

Somebody said you learn how to be a mother by instinct... that somebody never took a three-year-old shopping.

Somebody said being a mother is boring... that somebody never rode in a car driven by a teenager with a driver's permit.

Somebody said if you're a "good" mother, your child will "turn out good"... that somebody thinks a child comes with directions and a guarantee.

Somebody said "good" mothers never raise their voices... that somebody never came out the back door just in time to see her child hit a golf ball through the neighbor's kitchen window.

Somebody said you don't need an education to be a mother... that somebody never helped a fourth grader with his math.

Somebody said you can't love the fifth child as much as you love the first... that somebody doesn't have five children.

Somebody said a mother can find all the answers to her child-rearing questions in the books... that somebody never had a child stuff beans up his nose or in his ears.

Somebody said the hardest part of being a mother is labor and delivery... that somebody never watched her "baby" get on the bus for the first day of kindergarten... or on a plane headed for military "boot camp."

Somebody said a mother can do her job with her eyes closed and one hand tied behind her back... that somebody never organized seven giggling Brownies to sell cookies.

Somebody said a mother can stop worrying after her child gets married... that somebody doesn't know that marriage adds a new son or daughter-in-law to a mother's heartstrings.

Somebody said a mother's job is done when her last child leaves home... that somebody never had grandchildren.

Somebody said your mother knows you love her, so you don't need to tell her... that somebody isn't a mother.


Till the time we have our bachhoo (I love to hear these words from Feroz - I am scared of Lizards and at my Mom's place - not a single would be spared if one gets into our home - with Feroz, it is a Lizard's peelloo he would tell me - making me feel miserable about it being killed - Feroz loves spending time with peelloos - I love to watch him do that - An elephant started after him in Nagarhole Forest after Feroz started teasing its peelloo), to read this poem out, I will read this poem for Feroz with 'Mother' replaced by 'Wife' - so easy with find-and-replace in the text - In real life, there are no replacements, there are additions - so it would be 'Being a Mother' along with 'Being a Wife'.

Being Your Mother
Poem by Barbara Cage

Being your mother means that I have had the opportunity
to experience loving someone more than I love myself.
I have learned what it's like to experience joy and pain through someone else's life.

It has brought me pride and joy;
your accomplishments touch me and thrill me like no one else's can.
It has brought me a few tears and heartaches at times,
but it has taught me hope and patience.
It has shown me the depth, strength, and power of love.

Being your mother hasn't always been easy,
and I'm sure I've said or done things that have hurt or confused you.
But no one has ever made me as satisfied as you do just by being happy.
No one has made me as proud as you do just by living up to your responsibilities.

No one's smile has ever warmed my heart like yours does;
no one's laughter fills my heart with delight as quickly as yours can.
No one's hugs feel as sweet, and no one's dreams mean as much to me as yours do.

No other memories of bad times have miraculously turned into important lessons or humorous stories;
the good times have become precious treasures to relive again and again.

You are a part of me, and no matter what happened in the past
or what the future holds,
you are someone I will always appreciate, adore, and love unconditionally.

Being your mother means that I've been given one of life's greatest gifts: you.

0 comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites My Zimbio
Top Stories